Last Updated: August July 11, 2022
California Notice at Collection: Cineverse collects the categories of personal information listed in the “Categories of personal information collected” subsection of the “Your California Privacy Rights” section below. As further described in the “Use of Personal Information” section below, we collect information in order to best serve you and conduct our business. To learn more, please read the “Your California Privacy Rights” section below.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We receive and store information about you in several ways.
• Information you provide: We collect information you provide to us, such as your name, email address, physical address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. This information is collected in a number of ways, including when you provide it when you register for the Services, participate in promotional opportunities, or provide user content, including reviews, ratings, or opinions through the Services.
• Information collected by automated means: We automatically collect information regarding your usage and interaction with the Services and advertising therein, as well as information about the device or devices you utilize to interact with the Services. We may cookies and similar technologies to enable us to collect this information, as well as to improve your experience while using the Services. The information we collect may include your activity on the Services, such as title selections, viewing history and search history, records of your interactions with our customer service department (possibly including your email address and/or phone number), identifying information about the device or devices you utilize to interact with the Services (such as manufacturer or model of device), your IP address, your geographic location, and statistics about page visits and viewing time.
• Information related to social media: You may be able to connect one or more of their social networking accounts with your account. If you choose do so, we may collect information from your social networking account or accounts. If you choose to log-in, access or otherwise connect to the Services, or contact us, through a social networking service (such as Facebook), we may collect your user ID and user name associated with that social networking service, as well as any information you make public using that social networking service. We may also collect information you have authorized the social networking service to share with us (such as your user ID, public profile information, email address, birthday, friends list, and pages you have “liked”).
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Service, as well as the information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
• To provide the Services and its contents to you in the best possible manner. For example, we may use your information to determine your geographic location, provide targeted or localized content including advertisements, provide recommendations about content you might enjoy, determine your ISP and help us quickly answer your service requests.
• To protect the security and integrity of the Services, including by identifying and preventing malicious activities on the Services or targeted at our users.
• To analyze and improve the use and operation of the Services, and develop new products and services.
• To send you emails concerning the Services, promotional opportunities from us or our business partners, and consumer surveys, as permitted by law. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, to provide you with notices about the Services.
• To carry out our contractual and legal obligations, and enforce our legal rights.
• To conduct and improve the targeted and/or behavioral advertising on the Services, and to assist our advertisers in displaying advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. You have the option to opt-out of our behavioral advertising, and other choices.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect from and about you as described below.
A. Sharing of Information by You
When you choose to share information with social networking services about your activities on the Services, including shows you watch or like on the Services, the Services may share information about you and your activities with that social network.
In addition to the collecting certain information from Facebook if you connect your Facebook accounts with your account with us (as described above), you may choose to share information about your activities on the Services with Facebook and its users, including publishing your watch activity to Facebook. If you visit the Services while logged into Facebook, then Facebook may be able to identify your browser and associate the technical information provided by your web browser with other information that Facebook already has about you. In addition, when you choose to share information about your activities on the Services with Facebook, the Services may send information about you to Facebook. Facebook may make that information visible to Facebook users in accordance with applicable law Facebook’s own policies, and Facebook privacy settings. Facebook’s terms and policies govern how Facebook processes the information it collects, and we recommend that you familiarize yourself with those terms and policies.
B. Sharing of Information by Us
We may share your personal information with the following:
• Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us, help us operate the Services, or administer activities on our behalf.
• Select Third Parties: We may share information collected from or about you with our business partners as explained further below, including advertisers, content licensors, distributors, and other companies that are not affiliated with the Services. With respect to name and other contact information, we will obtain your consent before sharing yours with any business partner who wishes to contact you or send you promotional information about their products and services directly, unless a business partner is acting on our behalf or you have provided your contact information as part of co-promotion by us and a business partner.
• Marketing Partners: We may share your information with other companies (such as sponsors, partners, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, and analytics companies, or other third parties in connection with marketing, promotional, and offers, as well as product information). Your information may also be shared with third parties we identify at the time you provide your personal information or otherwise with your consent. These entities’ use of such information is subject to their respective privacy policies.
When you use our Services and enter your email address through the Services, we may share with LiveRamp and its group companies information that we collect from you, such as your email (in hashed, pseudonymous form), mobile advertising identifier, IP address, or information about your browser or operating system.
LiveRamp uses this information to create an online identification code that we may store in our first-party cookie for our use in online, in-app, and cross-channel advertising. This code may be shared with advertising companies to enable interest-based and targeted advertising. LiveRamp uses this information to create an online identification code for the purpose of recognizing you on your devices. This code does not contain any of your directly identifiable personal information and will not be used by LiveRamp to re-identify such information to you.
• Affiliates: We may share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for business, operational, promotional and marketing purposes.
• Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics use.
• Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
When using the Services, you may make reviews and certain other information that you provide publicly available. Please understand that we are not responsible for any third party’s use of that information, which you disclosed publicly in your own discretion. If you choose to link your social networking account or accounts to the Services, you will be choosing to disclose certain information publicly, as described below.
YOUR DATA OPTIONS
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information.
Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You may adjust your device or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features of the Services or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your device’s settings or your Internet browser’s “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your device or browser from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish to have your personal information used to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
To opt out from the use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org.
To opt-out of LiveRamp’s processing of your personal information (see “Sharing of Information by Us” above for details), please visit https://liveramp.com/opt_out/.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
If you have an account to use the Services, you can review and change information associated with your account by logging in and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may deny a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section provides supplemental information for residents of California. California law grants its residents the right to tell us not to sell their personal information. We and our advertising partners may collect certain online information (such as cookies store on your browser, the advertising identifier on your mobile device, and your IP address) and share that information with third parties to provide more relevant ads to you on our sites, apps, and on other sites that you visit.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
We have collected the following categories of personal information from California residents within the last twelve (12) months:
• Identifiers, such as name, IP address, email address, or another similar identifier.
• Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information about interactions with the Services.
• Geolocation data, such as device location and IP location. • Inferences, which refers to inferences drawn from any of the information in the categories listed above.
Categories of Sources of Personal Information
As described above in the “Collection of Information” section, we collect the above-listed categories of personal information directly from individuals, through automated means, and from third parties.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed personal information about California residents in the following categories to service providers:
• Internet or other electronic network activity information
• Geolocation data
Categories of Personal Information Sold
In the last 12 months, we may have sold personal information about California residents in the following categories:
• Geolocation data
• Internet/Electronic Activity
• Profile Inferences
We sell personal information about California residents to the following categories of third parties:
• Marketing and advertising partners
You have the right to access, delete, and opt-out of the sale of your personal information. We will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights, but may offer financial incentives to consumers who affirmatively allow us to collect and/or sell their personal information.
Access Request: You may make up to two requests per year for information as to:
• The categories of personal information that we’ve collected and sold about you, or shared for a business purpose with our service providers;
• The sources from which we collect such information;
• The third parties with whom we’ve shared that personal information and to whom we’ve sold that personal information;
• The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information; and,
• The specific pieces of personal information we’ve collected about you.
Deletion Request: You may request that we delete the personal information that we’ve collected from or about you. We may take steps to verify your identity based on the information we have on file about you before responding to your Access or Deletion Request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and will respond to your request within 45 calendar days unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
To make an access or deletion request, please contact email@example.com.
Opt-Out Request: You have the right to opt out of our sale of your personal information to third parties. Please click on the Do Not Sell My Personal Information link on our website footer or provided here [INSERT]. You may also submit a request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you may still see advertising from us on websites you visit, but it will not be placed using any data that you have asked us not to share by opting out below. If you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from third parties, you will need to contact non-affiliated third parties directly. To exercise your other choices about personalized advertising, please refer to the section above titled “Your Data Options.”
Agent Request. You may authorize someone to make a privacy rights request on your behalf (an authorized agent). Authorized agents will need to demonstrate that you’ve authorized them to act on your behalf, and that they are registered with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California, or must demonstrate they have power of attorney pursuant to applicable probate law. We retain the right to request confirmation directly from the consumer confirming that the agent is authorized to make such a request, or to request additional information to confirm the agent’s identity. An authorized agent shall not use a consumer’s personal information, or any information collected from or about the consumer, for any purpose other than to fulfill the consumer’s requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may use the Services or provider information through the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not: (a) provide any information through the Services, or on or through any of its features; (b) register for the Services; (c) make any purchases through the Services; (d) use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Services; or (e) provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted against all threats.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.